BUY AND SELL TICKETS
James Bay will release his highly anticipated third full-length album, Leap, on July 8.
An open hearted record, Leap consists of a hopeful collection of songs dedicated to those closest to James, seeing him take bold creative risks, pushing emotional boundaries, and embracing the unknown.
In promoting the album James has announced a UK Winter Tour scheduled for later this year. Kicking off in Bournemouth on the 20th November, the ten-date tour sees him playing venues across the UK including Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Dublin, London’s Brixton Academy, and culminating at Bristol’s O2 Academy. We are excited to say we have partnered with James as his official ticket resale platform to protect his fans from being ripped off by profiteering resale sites that encourage ticket touting. Sellers sell for free, and buyers pay a standard booking fee of 10-15% of the sold for ticket price.
We thought a perfect way to launch our partnership was to find out some interesting facts about him. Here’s our favorite 5…
- He hates ticket touts and loves Twickets!
- English legendary guitarist, singer, and songwriter Eric Clapton inspired Bay to play classical guitar when he was just 11 years of age. He came across an old rusty guitar in a cupboard of his house and learnt to play ‘Layla’.
- He was signed to Republic Records after a fan uploaded a video to YouTube of him performing at an open mic in London, which was spotted by their A&R team.
- He has been in a relationship with his long term girlfriend Lucy since he was 17 years old. The couple have a daughter, born in October 2021. They both inspired his new album.
- Not only is Bay passionate about secondary ticketing, but he is also an advocate for international non-profit organization WaterAid. Good on you James!